Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
Dave97402

Torano Grand Nica

Did a review over on the Torano board, thought I would share with ya all!

Torano Grand Nica Rosbuto

This cigar is one that really surprises me! It orignally was a cheapo cbid find, recommended by someone here some time ago. It is now one I search for and have trouble getting cheap on cbid anymore!

When I first took this one out of the humidor, it just begs to be smoked. It is obvious that it is in perfect condition. Again a nice oily sheen to it, almost a matte looking finish. Appearance is very nice. Hard to believe that this is one of the cheaper cigars you can get from Torano. Clipped flawlessly and has a great pre-light draw. The aroma before lighting is intoxicating. You can almost taste a nice spicy flavor from the smell.

I lit this little fat boy up and it took off without a hitch. From the very first draw, this cigar produced great volume of smoke with a great flavor. A little spicy flavor, mixed with a little woody taste. It's like the spanish cedar has seeped into the cigar and now produces just a hint of that flavor as I smoke. First ash get's tapped off at about 1 3/4" Medium firm ash, just a little flaky. The burn on this cigar continues to be razor sharp, not issues at all. The flavor builds as the cigar winds down, the flavor doesn't change a lot, but just grew in strength as I finished it. Kind of bounced back and forth between the spicy, and woody just a little. One time I'd think, yeah more spicy than wood, then the next it would be....no, more of a woody than spice. LOL I guess it's good I like both.

The finish was great on this cigar, again as I find with most all Torano cigars, they leave me with the great taste lingering and the desire to just go fire another one up and enjoy!

Dave
Psalm 119:32 I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
Dave97402 is offline   Reply With Quote