Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Sosa Governor

I had this cigar in my humidor for 2 to 3 years. Maybe it was the EMS wrapper, I always reached past it. Tonight I wanted to smoke a cigar with some age on it. There was the Sosa! It fit the bill.

Appearance: Size is approx. 6X50. That’s the spec., it looked like a 48 or 47. The wrapper was a light brown with some darker freckles. Very light veins, appears dry with no evidence of plume. The cigar was firm with a very slight give.

The experience: I clipped the cap at the shoulder with my guillotine. It was a clean cut. Kind of a light, dry tobacco aroma. I toasted the foot and the cigar lit easily. Nice smooth draw, lots of smoke. I immediately noticed a nice fresh cardamom flavor! I wondered if Don Douglas had a hand in blending this. It tastes similar to a Bucanero Z! The ash was white with some dark gray mottling. Burn was a bit uneven but never required correction. As I smoked the flavor intensified. It developed depth and a nice richness. Towards the end I tasted a hint of orange peel. I really enjoyed this cigar! I bought this on a whim one day. I paid about $4. I wish I had bought 6 more! I give this one 4.5 out of 5!
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote