Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Opinion

What is your opinion of the Liga 9 and 52? I have always backed off of these due to price. But I broke down and bought a few of each. The 9 I find to be a great med-full cigar, very flavorful and just a great smoke. The 52 is full bodied and has a strong taste of black tobacco. The 52 to me is stronger than the 9.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMAnderson View Post
What is your opinion of the Liga 9 and 52? I have always backed off of these due to price. But I broke down and bought a few of each. The 9 I find to be a great med-full cigar, very flavorful and just a great smoke. The 52 is full bodied and has a strong taste of black tobacco. The 52 to me is stronger than the 9.
The 9s are good cigars no doubt, but not to my taste. I really like the T52, in particular the Beli and Toro, but don't keep on hand for the same reason as you stated. Also the original T52 Flying Pigs were off the hook, the current ones not so much.
JLOH #19
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #3
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Too pricey and "trendy" for me. The new Opus basically. I'll stick to stuff from DPG at those prices.
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:18 AM   #4
jeepdad
Club Member

I enjoy the T52s but seldom partake due to the price. I fell outta love with the Pigs use to like'em not so much anymore.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:06 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Seems a consensus, here, and it's a very "CW" type consensus. I share the view that they're extremely good cigars, I don't think I've had a T-52, but have had my share of 9s. I find them too expensive to smoke regularly, or even go into the shop to purchase singles.

IF I go into a shop, invariably, I find things I REALLY enjoy, and they're usually less than Liga Privadas.

My son, BBender does, though. He doesn't buy many cigars, but when he does, he'll spend coin and buy what he likes, but only singles or handfuls. He likes the 9s and Undercrown.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:20 AM   #6
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Seems a consensus, here, and it's a very "CW" type consensus. I share the view that they're extremely good cigars, I don't think I've had a T-52, but have had my share of 9s. I find them too expensive to smoke regularly, or even go into the shop to purchase singles.

IF I go into a shop, invariably, I find things I REALLY enjoy, and they're usually less than Liga Privadas.

My son, BBender does, though. He doesn't buy many cigars, but when he does, he'll spend coin and buy what he likes, but only singles or handfuls. He likes the 9s and Undercrown.
I'd take undercrowns all day long.
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I very much like the 9's the 54's and the undercrown series. Drew Estates makes some very fine cigars. Not everyday for me, but I do enjoy them. Maybe I will have a feral pig this weekend.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #8
Ringo
Club Member

I don't know if the large demand has resulted in lesser cigars, I bought the number 9's when they came out and then the T-52 when they came out. I remember liking the 9 better.

I had a couple of Undercrowns and I liked them better than either of those two.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:00 PM   #9
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
I very much like the 9's the 54's and the undercrown series. Drew Estates makes some very fine cigars. Not everyday for me, but I do enjoy them. Maybe I will have a feral pig this weekend.
I was fortunately able to attend an event here in Atlanta - The John Drew Brands atlanta launch party, at cutters cigars.

I was gifted a "Year of the Rat" by Jon drew himself (the H is disposable, i guess? jonathan does not have an H... but whatever!). Very tasty cigar. I was also (as were most at the event) a "manifesto" and an "A" in an autographed Manifesto box. He later gave me a couple more cigars that i will be having a contest for (here and on social media...)
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #10
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

The new Undercrown Sungrown line is great. I usually don't pony up the coin for Ligas anymore either, preferring several other things if I'm in a spendy mood.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote