Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2024, 03:20 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

PERDOMO 30TH ANNIVERSARY SUNGROWN

This cigar is a thing of beauty, the construction is so good. Smooth wrapper. The cold draw is perfect. Tonight’s beverage is a Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA.

The initial draw is so smooth. No initial roughness. First flavor impression is earth and cedar. The burn is steady and mostly even. The ash looks like it may drop off soon. Not flaking, but cracking.

In the first third the flavor remains very much earthy with generous cedar notes. It’s also very smooth (especially for a sungrown). The first retrohale had an interesting abundance of white pepper that hasn’t been detected on the palate. The burn remains good and the ash, although having some cracks, is solid, although it did drop in the ashtray after about an inch.

When I first started the cigar, I was afraid that it might be too smooth to pair with a strong IPA, but it is keeping pace with the beer very well. I can continue to say that IPAs are best paired with sungrown tobacco.

During the second third the white pepper notes that are in the retrohale is emerging from behind the cedar notes with the consistent Nicaraguan earthiness. The finish is long and cedar spicy. The burn and ash continue to be very good.

Approaching the final inch, the flavor profile continues to be a very pleasant mix of earth, cedar, and spice. I have been rotating the cigar to keep the burn even, which can happen in the best construction. The ash continues to drop at about an inch.

Overall a very good cigar. The flavor profile is nicely balanced. The consistency is very good. Like every Perdomo, the construction is nearly perfect. 9.3/10, Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote