Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Ringo's PIF contest WINNER!

I've been the beneficiary of three totally unsolicited samples lately, a couple were from folks who were PIF'ing. Of course I enjoy returning the favor but I decided to make it more interesting by making this one another contest. The prize is five cigars that I consider to be excellent and among my all time favorites. And maybe more. Who knows. The more that you guys get into it, the more cigars that I want to give away.

Anyway, my last one was -sorta- hard but Bughunter worked the hell out of it and got a nice little package. This one is more open to plain guesswork. I thought of a semi-new format so here it is. I'm going to ask five "favorites" questions, as in my favorites. I am going to ask for three of my favorites in a given category, but you will only need to get two of them to win. I am going to ask the questions one at a time, so that when somebody gets the first one we'll move on to the next one. I'll give hints so that you are not totally in the dark. The answers will not be so obscure so that nobody would ever guess. Therefore I may modify my favorites a litle bit to get rid of the obscurities, but who can really narrow anything down to absolute favorites anyway? These things change all the time, but the correct answers to these questions will remain the same, of course. They will not change per my whims.

So here goes. Remember, the first person to get two out of three gets the point and we move on. The person with the highest total points at the end wins. In the event of a (highly likely) tie of some sort the winner will be decided in a sudden death challenge that I will come up with at the time. Only one smoker will come out of this with the prize.

The first question is - Name my three favorite actors. The hints are as follows:

Actor #1 did his best work (imo) in the 1950's and 60's. He is an Oscar winner. One of his initials is A.

Actor #2 did his best work in the 1960's and 1970's. Far from obscure, he is probably the least well known of the three and also very underrated imo. One of his initials is O.

Actor #3 is still working. His name is famous but more people would know his face and voice. Many people on this board have seen him recently.

I am limiting the number of guesses to one set per person per day, not to be anal but just to avoid a cumbersome and unwieldy thread. I'm gonna be fast and loose with the hints to keep this one moving along nicely so that nobody loses interest.