Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
bigipps

My Father La Opulencia Corona

Last night's cigar was the My Father La Opulencia Corona (5 x 46). It looks like this is available online for around $8, without any discounts. I was looking forward to this one since I have been reading a lot of praise for My Father cigars.

It has a Mexican Rosado wrapper and Nicaraguan binder and filler. The cigar is dark brown with minimal veins.

Prelight, I get a little sweet tobacco, a little spice, and a lot of I can't wait for this! The prelight draw is a little tight, but never becomes an issue when lit.

Where the Casa Magna started off medium-bodied and ramped up over time, the My Father started off full bodied and stayed that way.

From the beginning, I got a nice amount of thick smooth smoke that had a bit of spice to it. The smoke had a smoothness, despite the spice, that stood out against recent cigars that I have had.

The ash was mottled grey and hung on for around two inches. Burn was good throughout.

I didn't get a lot of variation from beginning to end, but I enjoyed it all. I think I would pick the smoothness of the My Father over the variation of the Casa Magna. I will seek this one out.