Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
geo17pip
Club Member

OpusX Robusto

I got to tell you... Not impressing me at all. Im into the first third now and im getting some spice and strength, the aroma is nice, but it doesnt have much flavor. its kind of boring, maybe its the burn thats pissing me off. The burn sucks and the draw is tight. Ash just hit the floor haha its a very crumbly ash.

Ok took a few good draws on it and im getting some cherryish flavor. Almost like BBQ wood flavor. The wrapper does look nice, oily reddish brown color. I dont smoke pipes but this cigars flavor reminds me of the smoke you smell coming out of a pipe. Just took the band off and im at the half way point. The flavor is coming in now, definitely full body smoke with like a black cherry licorice flavor, almost sweet.

The draw got better. Im into the last third now, im just not impressed by this cigar. Its very one dimensional, strong but not over powering. I can smoke a LFD Chisel and enjoy it, in fact this cigar reminds me of the LFD flavor a bit.

Ok on to the nub now im going to put this down in a bit. All i can say is i was hoping to be blown away by this cigar, it just didnt hit the spot. This cigar was gifted to be about three or four years ago and has been sitting in my humi at 65 ever since. Maybe it was just a bad sample or it just wasnt my type of smoke. I have a 98 masterpiece maduro sitting deep in storage that just might blow my mind... hopefully anyway ive been on a NC roll for a while so i cant wait to light up a Habano!
geo17pip is offline   Reply With Quote