Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
roadhawg
Contributing Editor

Tobacco Question

Ok - still getting back into the pipe thing, so here is a green ass question. I've read a lot of the posts on favorite tobaccos, favorite brands, blends, etc. Also, in the past month or so I have tried a good number of various offerings from local shops & liked most of them. My confusion (that happens easily) is tring to equate the names in a particular shop to other shops and to what some of you all enjoy.

Case in point: Croft's here in Houston says their biggest seller is the "Ladies love it" aromatic. I then went to the Briar Shoppe in Houston and their biggest seller is "Accountant" which the lady told me is basically one of the most popular aromatics in the U.S, and it's the biggest seller in their shop. She even said that some shops have other names for it, such as "Ladies love it." Coincidence?

I looked at one of the bulk tobacco sites yesterday and the description of one of the Lane brands (might have been the HS-1 or -3?) was "...very nice aroma and everyone around you will love it." Coincidence??

So what's the deal? If most shops buy from the main suppliers, but everyone calls it something different, how the heck do we all get on the same page? Maybe I'm just dense, but can someone shed light into this fog? Maybe I just need a Secret Decoder Ring?

BTW: I'm heading to the Briar Shop this afternoon to pick up some Frog Morton - at least I can identify the name brand that a lot of you all like - can't wait to try it tonight. Thanks -- RH