Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 AM   #1
roadhawg
Contributing Editor

Greetings from Newbie

Hi all. Just found out about this section of the CW board (guess I'm just slow) and can't wait to get started. I smoked a pipe a LONG time ago, back in the 70's, when I was on an ICBM missile crew up in Montana. Had a lot of time "downstairs" while on alert to read, study, etc. and a pipe was a great way to pass the time. Quit entirely back in the early 80's. Even gave away my old pipes to my son as momentos. He said he even smoked them a bit while he was in college, so they did get some use.

I've been into cigars pretty seriously since about 2003, but never really thought about pipes until on a motorcyccle trip a month or so ago. One of my riding buddies lit up a Kirstin with a nice blended tobacco and it smelled GREAT. Got me to thinking and here I am. Really looking forward to digging into the details, making pipe & tobacco selections, etc. I tend to be a bit anal about things and can really go overboard, but that's just me. As my wife said last night when I told her I was gonna get back into pipes, "Well, here we go again." I'll be out shopping soon, but in the interim will be devouring this board, as there looks to be a great amount of information. Thanks in advance to all -- Regards -- RH