Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
emind56
Club Member

Looking for some new tobbaco, recomendations?

Hey fellas,
I've been trying to develop an affinity for the briar, but to be honest have been having a hard time finding tobaccos that I really enjoy. I was hoping if I mentioned what I've been smoking maybe you guys could point me in a direction which might suit me.

First and foremost I'm a long time cigar smoker. Past that as far as pipe tobacco. I've tried:

Dunhill early morning pipe (6/10): this was ok, not offensive but didn't blow me away, a pretty light smoke. Decent woody flavors but that was about it.

Old Iron sides: (6/10) I liked the strength of this one, but the flavor was lacking for me.

Frog Morton: (7/10) I probably have enjoyed this one the best so far. Good strength, and sort of a nice earthy sweetness to it.

Flavored tobbaco: (0/10) tried a couple of these....Really can't stand them. Though the room aroma is kindda nice.

I also had a red virgina that I thought was pretty nice. Not sure what it was called though.

Thats it so far, what would you guys suggest?
emind56 is offline   Reply With Quote