Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #1
Castanza
Club Member

La lunas

Around 2014 I had to quit smoking due to health issues. I had accumulated a lot of cigars and had 2 coolerdors full of boxes of cigars. About a year later our house was burglarized and when we got home crap was everywhere. At that time I did not have a safe. My pistols were gone. Cigars were everywhere. I had no idea if any of the cigars were missing. They ended up catching the kid a prolific burglar since 12 years of age and was 17 when he was caught. The detective asked me if I was missing any cigars. They found quite a few at his house.

So last year I had 2 friends who have not smoking and into cigars like a lot of folks on this board. So I split it between them both and only had a few of the la lunas left. I gave them to just one of my friends and told him that they were an up and coming cigar back in the day.

Anyway he got back with me and could not believe how good they were.

I remember Gael came to one of our herds in ft Walton. He could make a blend that was out of this world and his wife could roll a cigar.

Does anyone else remember the la lunas?
Old 07-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Oh yes, I remember them well. It has been at least ten or so years since I last had one. I MIGHT have one or two left in my cooler that is at my house. The last one I had was an LLAF, and it had lost a bit of its luster.

It's a shame that Gael was not a good businessman and went under, he and Marta made great cigars. I wonder if he's still alive? Or has he been dead for almost 20 years.... Would be nice if someone could negotiate and acquire his blend recipes, though.

How would an A.J. La Luna be? Or, perhaps a Don Pepin or Jaime Garcia...

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #3
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

I have one or 2 stuck in a cooler somewhere - gifted to me by the fine folks here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Oh yes, I remember them well. It has been at least ten or so years since I last had one. I MIGHT have one or two left in my cooler that is at my house. The last one I had was an LLAF, and it had lost a bit of its luster.

It's a shame that Gael was not a good businessman and went under, he and Marta made great cigars. I wonder if he's still alive? Or has he been dead for almost 20 years.... Would be nice if someone could negotiate and acquire his blend recipes, though.

How would an A.J. La Luna be? Or, perhaps a Don Pepin or Jaime Garcia...
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:18 AM   #4
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Last I heard, he was caring for his elderly father. I still have a couple of them left. I really liked the Little Havana blend robustos.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:37 AM   #5
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

What a nice, shiny gumby lure. Cast it over there by the Opus X weeds and see if you get a bite.
ElkTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:49 AM   #6
KatDad
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkTwin View Post
What a nice, shiny gumby lure. Cast it over there by the Opus X weeds and see if you get a bite.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:49 PM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I found THIS old thread now seven years old. We talked about La Luna, and it was the only thread that even mentioned the Cigar King La Luna bundles.

I am going to ask around about these and about Gael. Will let you know what I find out.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote