Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
Capitone
Starting Member

Blind Review: Master Gates (Corona)

What I know

Size: Corona

Beautiful bright walnut colored wrapper that appears to have a distint separation from the filler tobacco at the foot. It literally looks like someone stripped a single leaf from a plant and rolled a cigar with it. Color is impeccably even all the way around. Could be coincedence but the cap has that wierd "could be 2 could be 3 lines depending on which side you look" thing going on with it that my other Blind review smoke had. Not sure if this eludes to it being from the same manufacturer or not.

Really nice to look at. Looks dusted with powdered sugar and unlike the first blind smoke, it has a very *prominent/evident* sweet tobacco aroma. It just bekons "light me up"....or I could just be hearing things, but in any event, light it up I most certainly did.

Off gate there was a very blunt and bitter peanut shell "coating" to the smoke. The smoke was plentifull with a creamy texture I love but that bitterness was overbearing making it hard to pin down the other flavors in the background. One thing I did pickup on is a sort of bannana peel note. A familiar note I recall I used to get from the old Pirates Gold line CI's use to push for next to nothing....maybe they still do...but I digress. The texture to this smoke is very enjoyable and a neighbor of mine commented on the sweet aroma but halfway into this stick and I must say it smells better than it tastes. That bitterness just would not shake loose. I got down to the last 3rd but couldn't endure it any longer.

Score: 2/5