Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2003, 06:11 AM   #1
Poohdvm
Club Member

Vinyl hunting.

I had a really bad time of it last weekend so on Sunday afternoon I decided to go vinyl hunting. It had been a year or so since I had hit the local flea markets so it was time to do it again. Well I came back with an arm full of albums and my wife just shook her head.

Here is a list of what I picked up. Some of these are very funny.

Laura Nyro-Eli and the 13th Confession. I have read a lot about her and I am excited about this find.

Spooky Tooth- You stole my heart so I broke your jaw. I bought this just because of the title.

Johnny Winter- Second Winter. Double album. Also has his brother on it.

Rory Gallagher- Live!

The Guitar albumn. Double album. Has EC, John McLaughun, Roy Buchanan, Rory Gallagher, Ellen McIjuaine, Stone the Crows, Area code 615, Link Wray, and T-Bone Walker.

Grace Slick- Manhole and Software

Paul Kantner and Grace Slick- Baron Von Tollbooth and the Chrome Nun.

Paul Kantner's Jefferson Starship- Blows against the Empire.

Jefferson Airplane- Bark

Jefferson Starship- Spitfire

Starship- Love among the Cannibals

Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force.

Vinnie Moore- Minds Eye. Bought this one because the credit someone for hair and makeup. Guitar shredder.

Guy Mann-Dude. I had to buy this one. That is actually the guys name. What is he compsentating for. Guitar shredder. I just wanted this album to give people a laugh at this guys name.

As you can see I filled a large hole in my Airplane et al collection. I just finished reading Grace Slicks autobio so it was nice to find these records.