Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
Ike

humidity issues and hygros

I don't know whats going on with my humi anymore.

I had an analog that I thought was pretty close. I calibrated it like my B&M told me to. But I dropped it and its all out of whack. I didn't change anything and the cigars have been smoking ok.

Well I was in walmart and decided I would buy one of those $7 digital hygrometers they have. I got it home and put it in there and after about a day it said my humidity was at 43%. It had to be wrong I thought so I did the salt test and after about 12 hours it said 61%. I took it back to walmart and got another. This one is doing the exact same thing.

I thought maybe the humi isn't holding so I bought a rubbermaid thing to make a tuperdore. I put the hygro in there with just my 65% puck(filled with beads) after a while it is now saying 44%

I'm just annoyed now. I may get rid of all the hygros and just keep the puck and my big foam unit in there together(like i've been doing for the past few weeks) and not worry about it. The cigars are smoking fine, taste great and burning evenly.

Is there an accurate hygro? I don't believe this one.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote