Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #1

Looking for cheap, cheap smoke.... $1/stick

Hi I’m new here. My friends and I are poor college students, yet we all like an occasional cigar. The thing is we are tired of going to our local suppliers and dropping a whopping $5 on a smoke.

Needless to say, we were exactly the type to be taken in by the idea of splitting this:
http://secure.thompsoncigar.com/defa...2&page=product
A Thompson house-brand sampler. Which, according to what I have searched and read here, is a great way to get a whole lotta dog rockets.

What really interested me were all the comments how Thompson is overpriced, as well as crap. There were claims of “many” better alternatives out there, even for budget bundles. Problem is, few suggestions were given. So that’s my question. Where are the suggestions/alternatives for cheap cigars? Where can I get “the best” $1/stick smokes? I don’t need brand-names or pretty looking anything. Mostly I’m looking for some variety if possible, like a sampler, or at least packs of 10 or so, so we can grab a few types.

As far as types go, anything goes. I have yet to smoke a “decent” cigar I didn’t like. Yes I’ve had a swisher, and we once got a package of huge (I think they were Honduran Churchills ) $1/stick cigars from Walgreens that tasted like metal, and so on. But I’ve liked more-or-less every $3-$7 cigar I’ve ever had from a “real” cigar dealer. We are just looking for a decent smoke supply so we can afford better beer.

Anyone up for the challenge?