Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2003, 08:26 AM   #21
Faust

decasere, great thread, sorry I didn't see it sooner.

I personally don't think punk was ever intended to be fashionable, more anti fashion than anything else. If you love punk, I would encourage you to read Jon Savage - England's Dreaming. Excellent book on the early punk scene in England. Also John Lydon's book is good too, but not nearly as thorough as Savage.

My favorites are the Sex Pistols, the Clash and Dead Kennedys. Husker Du was excellent also, and let me add some more to the list that I did not see previously, Pere Ubu and the New York Dolls. There are still quite a few excellent punk bands playing today, but you really have to search for them. I recently saw "the Circle Jerks" on the Warp tour. It was only Keith Morris from the original band, it was definately bitter sweet to see that.

On a somewhat related note. I have a copy of the Sex Pistols last live show, taped from the soundboard on cd. It is not commercially available that I know of. If anyone is interested let me know and I will send you a copy.
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote