Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2003, 05:15 PM   #1
JOHN C 81
Club Member

Our kids in the greatest sport there is.....

I wanted to open a topic dedicated to our kids who play the game . I also like to know how many CW brothers also have kids playing the sport. Marty made a comment that we can discuss our kids and their stories, and I thought that this would make an excellent topic as I know we probaly all have some great stories to talk about our kids and their enjoyment of the game.

I will start it by saying that i just spent 6 hours at the rink , when we were only to do spring tryouts for the traveling CFHL ( Central Florida Hockey League)....then I find out that my son signs up for the Rec league ( another $500) without asking me , so the softy I am, I agree to it, and he has his first game.... now everyone knows that rec is a step down compared to the traveling show but it gives them a chance to actually have FUN without the high end pressure of traveling hockey. So here he goes, scores a hat trick and two assists in a 5-1 win... he is loving it so much that next thing I know he is back on the ice playing for another team that is short handed that is playing a team from a high school, 16yo Kids with beards , and my kid just turned 14 but he stood up to them and did a great job, no points but he won 80% of faceoffs and had some crushing blows to some kids twice his size and even got a roughing penalty, so at least he is not afraid to go up against some monsters (must take after his dad ) Well he still went another two more games filling in for teams that were short till I finally said "LET'S GO" we spent enough time already.

Okay, I started it, who is next.... I love to hear from other members about their kids.... come on now, don't be shy

HOCKEY IS A GREAT SPORT FOR THE PARENTS..... AS LONG AS WE LET OUR KIDS HAVE FUN. IT IS THEIR SPORT NOW... LET THEM ENJOY IT.