Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Avo Synchro Nicaragua Toro Tubado

This cigar features a box press packaged in a rectangular aluminum tube. The wrapper is dark and oily. The bunch is fairly firm, typical of box pressed cigars. The foot smells earthy. The cold draw is a bit loose. Today’s beverage is a Carlsberg Premium.

The initial flavors are earth and wood with a light undercurrent of savory spice. There is a light black pepper note in the retrohale. The burn is very even and the ash is very light grey and solid looking. The draw is quite loose and will require small puffs, which still produce ample smoke.

Smoking slowly to avoid overheating caused the cigar to go out in the first third. The flavor profile remains a fairly simple complexity of earth and wood although there is an underlying rum note. After relighting the cigar is burning evenly although I detected a bit of tunneling before I relit. The ash is falling like I wish the flies in m back yard would.

During the second third the cigar begins to swell to a more oval than rectangular shape but does not crack the wrapper, leading me to believe the cigar is under filled. It draws more like a pipe than a cigar. The flavor profile remains mostly the same, although it strengthens about half way. The pepper in the retrohale also is stronger. The burn remains even. The beer is a good pairing.

The saving grace of the cigar is the consistent flavor profile, which upon further reflection seems to be a very refined blend of Nicaraguan tobacco. The cigar is mostly medium bodied. The only real issues I have are construction related, which is surprising and warrants a revisit in the future. Approaching the final inch it remains consistent. 8/10, Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? ̃ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote