Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #1
Mayhem
Club Member

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/bestindex.html

I purchased these from the link above. The order got to me in a timely fashion and the cigars were packed properly. I got the maduro Churchills (7x50). The cigars are packed in a square bundle, wrapped in cello. The individual cigars are not wrapped and, for ageing purposes, I'm glad.

Pre-light: A rather rustic looking cigar. Medium size veins throughout, some bumps. The feel is firm with some give to it. No evidence of any sloppy caps in any of the 3 bundles I purchased. Pre-light draw was excellent. Me? I don't mind rustic at all, so I give the pre-light a thumbs up.

Smoking: Could definitely taste the Perdomo in this cigar. Seemed like decent mid-grade Nicaraguan tobacco. Burn was nice and even with the wrapper peeling loose at the burn in a miniscule way. No touch ups needed. Smoked it all the way to the end. Got a little warm at the nub, but not near as bad as a lot of other smokes I've had. Was very satisfied with this cigar.

Conclusion: The cigar boom is over. The "bundle boom" seems to be getting underway. I'm seeing more and more proprietary bundles coming out at some very nice prices. Mike at MDCigars is sending some of his to try and I will post those results when they happen. For those of us who have budget limitations and don't mind the lack of a cigar band, this could be our time. I'm very happy with my purchase of Oba Oba (even if the name does drive me up the wall). I look forward to seeing what the other two bundles are like in a couple months, but I won't hesitate to smoke out of the opened bundle whenever I'm in a Perdomo kind of mood.

You may ask yourself WWTD? Me? I wonder WWHD???