Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #27
bsslack
Herf Meister

Plenty of unreleased stuff, garage band Demos, ect.

It's funny, You think You got something Collectable. Then You meet a Real Fan and Then You use Yours for a Frisbee.

Some of the Demos are actually quite good. But the Songs carry different meanings now, because the Public English is different. Example: A guy I knew Years ago would play these reel to reel tapes for me. With Mott the Hoople, Tangerine Dream and Zappa bootlegs and in the middle of these recordings, there would be hidden recordings of Him and his Friends in the middle of a Mushroom trip! talking Giberish or saying things that would have got them Arrested or plain disappeared . Now adays Who would care? Our general Tolerance has changed. Words changed and the meanings morphed into something else.

Lot's of music is just like that, an Audible Snap Shot or Time Capsule of a place or time.

But some Music transends the years and becomes it's own Entity.

It becomes........Timeless!

So Rarity and Value is in the Ear of the Beholder!
I had a ton of 78's and 50's & 60's vinyl, but gave it all away because I never listened to it.

Strange, I still listen to some of those Basement tapes because I like 'Em and Because, I know only a handfull of copies ever existed. Hell, I may have the only surviving copy of some of them. No one Hears it but me, for some reason I like the thought of that. Weird Huh?

So, I guess My Most rare is the Basement tape for the Garage band "LACE" They played out in the New Bedford/Fall River Ma area and Shallow Rhode Island area mid Eighties. Great tunes with an Excellent Female Lead. An Ex knew the Female Lead, They went to HS together. We would go to shows and have Great Time's. Good Stuff, the tape is a copy of a "one of" Tape is songs they recorded, Before they cut a Demo with Song Changes.
They just disappeared, got married got Jobs and joined the herd. But for a couple of Years they Dreamed the Dream and came Close.

Ooops I've wandered again!

NEXT!!!

Slack

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote