Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
jaybo41
Club Member

Torano 1959 Exodus Robusto

I just ordered these and decided to sample my first. My only previous experience with Torano was one I took from a Hot Potato.

This box pressed beauty was firm, yet slightly spongy to in my hand. The wrapper had a rich cocoa colored hue, Pre lit aromas were very earthy, and slightly nutty. The strike of the match provided a great start to this stick, lighting an exceptional burn from the first draw to the last.

The first draw produced ample smoke with a very spicy, peppery taste. The stick fit well in the hand, and even better in the mouth. I can't say as much for how it fit in the ashtray however. Being that it's boxed pressed, it didn't fit too well, but it wasn't hard to make do.

The primary flavors were of earthy, cedar, nutty components. Spicy, peppery and loaded with a smooth dose of vitamin N. This well balanced NC had very slight hints of cocoa and caramel throughout, accompanying
the peppery, yet smooth dominating flavors. The ash held well to the body of the cigar, a roasted charcoal color. This smoke burned beautifuly, without correction right from the start.

This stick is a pleasure to smoke and makes a nice day to day stick. A very straight forward NC.
jaybo41 is offline   Reply With Quote