Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:27 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Gulf Coast Reunion Herf cigars

Good morning, my friends, this is NOT a brag thread, and indeed I offer this with humility, even. This past weekend was our annual Gulf Coast Reunion Herf at Stogie5150's home and, dare I say, Herf Grounds. His back yard is a comfortable place to pass a good time on a most lovely weekend. The Good Lord sent us near picture perfect weather for this yearly gathering of CWers and CW Family.

As ever, food was first and foremost, plentiful and delicious, our usual menu plus extras. My boy James took over my char-grilled oyster duties this year, at his insistence.

Cigars, however, the cigars.
Here is my list from Friday night and Saturday (which I had to cut short to get home to deal with Mom, pretty much my life, now. )

Friday night:
Jason brought a box of El Rey del Mundo Choix Supremes. I had two o'them back to back.
Big John gave me, and I smoked it right there a GTO 10 Años, amazing cigar. Need to find more of these.

Saturday:
Let me see....I THINK I started with another ERdM or it may have been a La Aroma de Cuba corona.
Followed by a La Gloria Cubana Estelí. Victoria from General Cigar sent Jason a big bag of debut cigars. We have always had a good relationship with General and with Victoria in particular. (#VictoriaMcKeeJaworski )
That was followed by an Alec Bradley Tempus Natural. Had not had one of these in years. It was a good weekend of cigars and family, these folks are my family.

Bill (Shadow) gave me a VERY special cigar, that will need a proper occasion, I believe, and if not, proper time which I am already anticpating.

Love all of you guys.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 04-29-2019 at 06:35 AM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:31 AM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

The lineup of CWers and spouses is always an impressive roster.
  • Host: Stogie5150 and Mary
  • Spiridon
  • Jmcq
  • BigO
  • Big John and Beth
  • Shadow and Barb
  • TommyBB and Kelly (Plus Littler BB {James} and Cass.)
  • BBender and Amanda (LittleB
  • mrdiver's family (Abby, Bryan and Cora)

On Saturday we also had a family of regular invitees to Keith's seafood boils and his family, as well as Keith's cousin Bruce who is a regular with us.
Also, Bill and Barb's smoking friends, too.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 04-29-2019, 06:34 AM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

The Batting Order:
Cigars on the table for all to enjoy:
  • El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme
  • La Aroma de Cuba coronas
  • My Cuban Wheel Liga II robusto
  • Alec Bradley five packs:
    1. Coyol
    2. Mundial
    3. Tempus

Old 04-29-2019, 07:26 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Jmcq, Spiridon

MrsShadow, MrsBB, Stogie5150,Shadow (dark shirt), BigJohn (back to camera), BigO

Stogie5150,Jmcq, BBender ( littleBB )

Tommy & Stogie5150 (Keith)

Spiridon, Jmcq, MrsStogie5150, MrsBB, Tommy

Last edited by TommyBB; 04-30-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:34 AM   #5
KatDad
Herf God

Great pictures! Thanks for posting.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #6
SmoKerch
Herf God

Nice!

Hope to make it.

Someday.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #7
N8DCJ
Club Member

Nice pics...

Just needs captions with who is who...

Dan
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:06 AM   #8
KatDad
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DCJ View Post
Nice pics...

Just needs captions with who is who...

Dan
What he said. I recognize a few, but it would be nice to know everyone.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #9
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Awesome. Thx for posting Tommy.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:18 AM   #10
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

It looks like everyone had a great time! Thanks for posting the pics. It's good to place a name with a face.