Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Beer thoughts thread

Yeah, yeah...there's one of these somewhere down the list, but it's far enough down to qualify for thread necromancy status. So take your link to the previous thread and...um...well, you know, no names (rhymes with radhawg)...

(And if this got to be a sticky, people could freely share their thoughts on great and not-so-great beers they have discovered without searching...)

Today,
Great - Rogue Double Dead Guy - I have had this one before, just found it locally (although it may have been here before, but I was looking for the pink/we love boobies bottle). You have to like hoppy, although not, "hey, what would happen if we threw an extra 2 shovels of hops into the mix" hoppy. But it's pretty epic. Rogue Brewing, Portland OR.

Meh to Good - Pike Extra Stout - I imagine they were aiming at Guinness; too bad they fell a bit short. By no means a bad beer, but there are a lot better. Pike Brewing Company, Seattle.

Last weekend,
Great - Jester King Black Metal Imperial Stout - this beer is the kind of brew that deserves a really fine cigar and the, "whoa!" reaction, as well as goblet presentation over pilsner/pint glass. The only fault I find with this beer is the ~$15/750ml bottle price. Jester King Brewery, Austin.

Also great - Rogue Dead Guy growler - because Dead Guy wasn't epic enough, now you can get it in a 1/2 gallon growler for < $18. Not as great as Double Dead Guy (well, duh), but an excellent beer. Rogue Brewing

Good-to-great - Mardesous Trippel - a very good Belgian. Not Chimay blue-lable, but still a very nice glass of beer. Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV, Belgium.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote