Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 01-20-2003, 11:10 AM   #1
Thairlar
Club Member

Wrong Refs?

The WWF, or should I say WWE now, had the Royal Rumble in the Fleet Center last night. I think they left their refs for the hockey game today.

I'm steamed. I just watched PJ Axelsson get pitchforked into the boards with no penalty, then when he had trouble getting to the bench there was no whistle and there was a minute of 5 on 4 play in the Bruin's zone before he struggled to gett to the bench under his own power. I can see them maybe missing some calls now and then, although today they seem to have been really bad with non-calls against one team while calling everything against the other. The other thing is, when a player's injured and can't make it to the bench easily, you blow the whistle even if you missed the call that resulted in their injury.

We need an inept ref emoticon to go to the right of this one.