Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2003, 05:00 PM   #1
bsslack
Herf Meister

Open Letter of Awe to All

Greetings All,

Amazing, Simply Amazing! My name is Brian Slack and this is my first Open post to all. I am a New Guy and I have a couple of things to say about CW and it's Members.
1) Amazing People
2) Generous People
3) Decent People

Did you notice the trend? This place is All about People, OK it's also about Cigars. But, what makes this place work are the people in it. I have just scratched the surface in my 12 days as a registered member. I have had more fun and learned more about cigars and met more people than the entire (6mos previous) time that I have been seriously smoking cigars. I know that's not a long time. But in that time I have come along way from where I started(Flavored-machine rolled "things" ) my only defense is that " I Just didn't Know No Better ". Every bit of it is because someone else has offered me information, tips, recommendations and sometimes even sending me cigars. I live in Alaska where $2 cigars cost $5-6 and a good cigar? $10-20 and thats not a Hemi or a Don Carlos or an exotic. It's a $7-8 dollar cigar.
I wanted to say Thank You to the members Who have helped me and made such a difference and been Very generous to me. I have had a few trades and everyone of them has been More than a fair trade, some have been truly Unbelievable! Not to mention any names..String! So to my new CW friends and contacts and those I've yet to meet "Thanks for Having Me"

Special Allstar Thanks to: Stringfoot, Aliphus, Briand, KCTaxman, Smoker06, Fatshotbud(the chick magnet), Trigger14 and my graduating class of newbies!
You guys really are AWESOME!

Slack

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote