Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Martinez Don Antonio #5

This cigar was gifted to me by one of my poker buddies a few weeks ago. He picked it up in NY city while visiting. He is a big fan of these cigars and thought I'd like to try one. It was a toro sized cigar.

Prelight- The Don A #5 has an easy prelight draw. AS soon as I put the cigar in my mouth, I noticed the wrapper had a distinct flavor, I can't describe it, it wasn't a sweet tip but more of a slight bourbon taste is as close as I can describe it. It was different but in a good way. The wrapper is a light brow with a few noticeable veins.

Ash and Burn - The was solid a gray-black color. There was a little flaking but not enough to cause a problem. The burn was a little off, not razor sharp but again it did not cause a problem.

Enjoyment Factor - The first half inch presented a solid medium body with a flavor profile of of cedar and nuts. This seemed to be the major profile throughout this cigar. The next half inch of this cigar has mellowed out quite a bit, more to a mild to medium smoke. It is very smooth and creamy with no harshness. now at the halfway point this cigar has really mellowed out but has kept the flavor profile mentioned above. The cigar remain at this mild, mellow flavor rpofile for the rest of the cigar.

Conclusion - I would say this is a good cigar for when you are looking for a mild to medium bodied cigar. The flavor is not overpowering, but smooth and enjoyable if you like mild cigars. I would like to try a few more of their cigars to se if they had a more medium/full bodied cigar. Recommend for milder bodied cigar smokers.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote