Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 AM   #1
Big Dawg

601's

I went to an event about a month or two ago and they were featuring 601 cigars. I was pretty excited to try them but came away quite dissapointed. Even though I rarely judge a cigar after just one smoke, I did with these. After the event, someone graciously gave me a 601 Blue Label Maduro (which I didn't get a chance to smoke at the event) and told me that he thought I would feel differently about this one.

Well... I smoked it last week and then had another one last night (just as a comparison smoke) and I was quite pleased. The blue label maduro is a very nice, med-full bodied smoke. It started out with a lot of ummph (which I like) and seemed to mellow a bit as the smoke went on. Although I wish it had kept its kick all the way through, I still enjoyed it.

The only issue that will probably get in the way of me buying more of these is the price. Perhaps I can find them cheaper on-line, but two B&M's that I frequented last week had them in the 8-9 dollar range. I don't think I would want to pay more than 5-6 for this cigar. At 5-6 bucks, this would be a cigar that I would keep several on hand in my humi.
Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote