Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #22
moob
Herf Meister

I had a robusto a few minutes ago- a maduro. The end clipped clean (no cap problem a-toll). Lit just fine. The wrapper felt slightly toothy and reminded me of a LGC maduro (not quite but pretty close). This cigar was medium to full in body and had an overall bitter taste that reminded me of something between a bold espresso and well, that skin part that covers the meat of a walnut. I really liked the feel and taste of the wrapper. It burned fairly evenly although may have burned better considering I was on a windy porch (it was time to let the dogs out.... worked for me). Not the best smoke I've had but for what I paid (roughly 2$ a stick) it wasn't bad. I've had far worse for much more (ghurka G3 quickly comes to mind as well as a 10$ Aurora from a B&M). its at least IMO a fine value smoke.

I think the psychology/marketing behind this cigar might be its biggest problem.

This might be a good cigar for a blind taste test. Maybe those of us that have them could put together a package of three (one bologna and two similar looking sticks) and send them off to uh, well, those that haven't tried them . They could post their thoughts and we could reveal... uhm the truth... or maybe the bologna.

moob is offline   Reply With Quote