Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2003, 06:26 AM   #1
Convoy
Starting Member

Help me identify this cigar

I've been browsing this site for a few days. You guys know your stuff. I thought I knew a bit, but I guess I really am a rookie. Anyway, I was wondering if you could help me identify a cigar.

A couple of weeks ago, I had some friends over. As usual, I left a few dog rockets in the "company" humidor (I learned my lesson after seeing someone who claimed to be a BOTL take a few puffs of an AVO No 5, then stub it out). My best friend, who is an avid pipe and occaisional cigar smoker, knows where the good stuff is stashed. He came back with a cigar I picked up on a whim at a tobacconist I frequent (Tobacco Plus in Matteson, IL. Nice folks. They've had a few herfs in the southern suburbs of Chicago, too). I went back to Tobacco Plus and spent 45 minutes in the humidor looking for the cigar. I couldn't find it.

It was a torpedo with a dark wrapper. The label on the neck was yellow and simply said "Nicaragua." If it helps, I remember paying about $6-$7 for it. As he was smoking it, my friend made sure to tell me how rich it was.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote