Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 08-26-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
herfinherb
Starting Member

Where to buy green coffee beans near NC ?

Hi guys. I see that many of us home-roast coffee; and that's something I'd love to get in to. I'm keeping an eye out at thrift stores for an air popper. In the meantime, I'd like to order green beans. Most places, like Maria's, are far away so shipping costs/times are higher. I've seen some places on the web in Texas and NewOrleans. Does anyone know where to order beans that's close to NC? Thanks for any advice.
herfinherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:17 AM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Lets go for a ride over to the "I'll Drink to That" forum.

I ordered from Coffee Bean Corral, best beans out there, or so I'm told by Ferdelance, the Master Coffee Roaster.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

What Tommy said! I get 90+% of my beans from Coffee Bean Corral. Their warehouse is in Mississippi, which isn't too far from NC. And in any case, you're still going to pay a hell of a lot less for green coffee - even including shipping - than you do for pre-roasted coffee. CBC's customer vervice is first-rate (as is Sweet Maria's ), and it usually takes my coffee about 3-4 days to get to me.

Welcome to the world of home-roasting! You're gonna love it!

MD

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:51 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Gotta sorta keep this at the top.
He's not a member of the room yet, so we need to make it easy for him to see it when Jon unlocks the door for him.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 08-26-2004, 11:59 AM   #5
spiridon
Herf God

So where'd he go? I haven't seen his request for a top secret hall pass yet....I'll send him a PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:31 PM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Thanks, Jon.

Old 08-27-2004, 04:33 AM   #7
herfinherb
Starting Member

Hooray the door has been opened! Thanks for the tips. I've read alot about roasting on the web, but it's good to finally learn from BOTL here. You think I'll get any work done today? Nahhh, it's time to dig into this usergroup. Lemme see, homebrew, bourbon.... yeah I've got some history to contribute here as well. Thanks for letting me in!
herfinherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:58 AM   #8
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Good to have ya, Herb!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:24 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Finest Kind.

Wait you're in NC?
There's still making instructions around here somewhere.....

Old 08-28-2004, 03:05 AM   #10
ferdelance
Herf Meister

do not buy green beans from NOLA, although it is the largest coffee port in tne US, all the coffee is that comes through here is of commercial grade and some resturant grade, there is no gourmet shipped here, SF, gets the bulk of gourmet level coffee in green beans, when i was roasting for the company here we had our coffee trucked in from SF, sometimes, Tampa gets some, but you are better going with CBC or SM's they carry only Gourmet coffees, that i have found to be consistent always and always getting in some awesome lots, and that is CBC, yeah i still get my Cuban coffees from outside the US, but knowing that Russ(the Owner of CBC) has similar taste buds as i do, i trust what he gets to be great, not just good, and eventhough, you may see the same coffee ast another site, it could be from a differnt lot on the finca or from a lesser quality from the finca, each year you will find the coffee to be different from the previous years, due to weather, and other such things, so just because it is good this year and maybe midcrop, does not mean it will always be the same. thatis why you may find a great coffee one uear at a company and the next year it does not seem to be so good. Just an FYI