Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2003, 07:03 AM   #1
Castanza
Club Member

All Deals are Off

Seems that perhaps that fellow I work with, may have inadvertenly caused the owners to no longer discount the extra 20% for 5lbs or more. I go in there yesterday during my lunch break, and get 5lbs of Kenyan, plus a lb of Yemen Mocha (1st time). I go up to the cashier, and it is one of the older employees. I figure he will be able to handle it.

Nope, he tries to charge me only $10.89 for everything. I told him flat out, you are way off, I owe you a lot more than that. He tries it again, now it is around $11. Problem is the computer is set up for 50% off, but there is a way to do the extra 20% but he doesn't know how. My usual price with the extra 20% off is $5 per lb, plus the Yemen was $7..20.

He calls the owner, and he comes back, and said we no longer can do the extra 20%. I told him that was okay, and I still got the 5lbs, and the Yemen. I just figured that maybe the past mistake, caused this.

I confronted the guy at work today, and told him, that he may have inadvertenly caused this problem. . Than he told me, you should have taken it for $10.89 and you would still have the discount. After that statement, his response, well I didn't know any better.

Oh well, @#$$!@%^& okay I feel better.