Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
jgbutler
Herf Meister

This was indeed a great idea plus it was just a great reason to go ahead and grab something just because!

I decided to drag out the last '96 Monte No. 2 that I still had from a fiver I picked up a few years ago. I've been eying this one for probably a year but just hadn't picked it up yet. A fantastic day weather wise, I waited until just before before sunset when the breeze finally died down for the evening and then settled in for an experience. I was not disappointed!

It burned razor sharp with a perfect draw and nice volumes of smoke. This one was mellowed a little from it's predecessors but was still a very refined smoke with excellent flavors and smooth as silk. I smoked it down until I just couldn't hold it anymore. The fantastic aftertaste hung with me for a good hour or longer. Man I wish I had more of these!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #12
Poohdvm
Club Member

Well its almost midnight and I am just finishing my cigar. I fired it up at 10pm so it has lasted 2hrs! I tend to hotbox cigars so for a churchill to last 2hrs in my hands is amazing.

I fired up an old Oliva O maduro with the dark blue cloth band. They quit using the cloth band several years ago. A Rat Pack member gifted me the cigar about 2yrs ago so this cigar has some nice age on it.

It was as good as I rememberd. My lips tingled when I did a pre light draw to test the cigar. It began with a nice mellow sweetness that I miss in a lot of maduro cigars made today. This lasted till about the 1/2 point in the burn and then the flavors changed sharply. The mellow maduro was replaced with spice, and lots of it. The cigar ended with this spice bomb. GREAT CIGAR!!! Burned straight throughout the smoke and formed a strong gray ash. What a way to end the day!
Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #13
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Didn't light up at the parade yesterday afternoon, as I had not eaten.

Last night, laundering school uniforms, I had a Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary that I received at some point. VERY fine cigar, my first Rocky Patel in a very long time, as I don't often smoke his cigars for whatever reason.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #14
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

I dug down deep for a cigar that I had for 9 years. It's so old both this cigar and the store I bought it in do not exist anymore! I picked it up, looked at the cool orange and gold band with the crossed checkered flags in the middle and said, "I hope you don't disappoint me, Emo!"
The oils in the cigar clung to the cello as I tried to pull the cigar out of its wrapping. I had to slit the cello with a hobby knife to get the cigar out. The lonsdale shaped cigar looked in very good shape for it's age. I lit it up and began to enjoy, but, there was not very much smoke. The cigar was wrapped tight. I struggled through it. After about 1/2 was smoked, I put it down. "Well Emo, you disappointed me on the race track, and your cigar sucked as well!"

I then pulled out a Famous Honduran 5000 robusto, and all was good once again!

Next year for this event, I'll buy a cigar at the local shop. Maybe something I like that I don't have, or maybe something I've never tried before!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
carmine7075
Herf God

In the spirit of the event I decided to smoke my last Bolivar Belicoso Fino. Its a cigar that I have been holding on to for far too long, probably since 2002-2003.

I lit it up in the patio, enjoyed the beautiful evening and was once again treated the best cigar on the planet. The BBF did not disappoint. After so many years, it burned sharp and was still packed with flavor.

Thanks to Stevo for creating the occasion that gave me an excuse to finally smoke it.
Great Idea!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #16
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Me and my friends had our Serie N tonight. What a lovely cigar, and interesting.
The warapper is daaaaaaaaaaaaaark oscuro (dark-dark) with the "N" in natural on the side of the cigar.

At the outset the smell and flavor is quite aromatic, like a pipe tobacco. It subsides a touch and is gone by half-way down as the flavor broadens and changes. I smoked mine way down as did one of my friends. The third guy didn't really take to the flavor change and called it harsh. I found it a bit less refined, but still tasty toward the end.

These are good, give them a shot.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote