Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
rmarrandino
Club Member

Chicago (Suburbs) Herf - February 8th

I spoke with Keith (Rookie) and we've set up a herf for Sunday, February 8th at Cigar King in Skokie. We will be meeting there at Noon.

Last edited by rmarrandino; 01-13-2009 at 06:56 AM.
rmarrandino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarrandino View Post
I spoke with Keith (Rookie) and we've set up a herf for Sunday, February 8th at Cigar King in Skokie. The time is to be determined, but we wanted to get it on the calendar.

More info to come.
I wish I could make it. I'm still going to be down at ISU though. You'll have to say hi to Keith for me, would ya!?
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
ConMan
Contributing Editor
Club Member

I'll believe it when I see it. For a city this large with as many members we have here, it never seems to happen. Last time there was a decent CW herf with a good turnout was when Coach was in town a couple of years ago... and when Clancy and Coach were here in 06 was excellent. Other than that there have been more people from out of town, like ChiTown Herf when Univibe, FlyfishTN, and Eduardo came from Boston, Nashville, and Indy and it was me and Boxdoc from Chicago.

Let me know when you get a group together. I'll come smoke one with you and Keith. But I don't hold out much hope for a large group. C'mon, Chicago. Prove me wrong.
ConMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
rookie139
Herf God

Usually the herfs are held in the far western burbs (Naperville, etc)...Difficult for me to make when I live in the boonies of Lake County..Cigarking is definitely doable.
and from what I remember, most of the herfs were held on a weekend that I work (I work every other weekend) so it's a 50% shot for me

Hope to see some of you...It's been awhile
Old 01-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #5
rmarrandino
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConMan View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. For a city this large with as many members we have here, it never seems to happen. Last time there was a decent CW herf with a good turnout was when Coach was in town a couple of years ago... and when Clancy and Coach were here in 06 was excellent. Other than that there have been more people from out of town, like ChiTown Herf when Univibe, FlyfishTN, and Eduardo came from Boston, Nashville, and Indy and it was me and Boxdoc from Chicago.

Let me know when you get a group together. I'll come smoke one with you and Keith. But I don't hold out much hope for a large group. C'mon, Chicago. Prove me wrong.
Just STFU and get your a$$ there.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
Fishin Phil
Herf God

Wish I could, but I already committed to spending that day with my little nephews. I miss you mugs.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
Coach
Herf Meister

thx for the props Rocco. sorry but can't make it but hope you will get a good turn out.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

I've marked my calendar and will do my best to be there. Thanks for the heads up Rocco.
JLOH #19
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
hangten

I would like to try to make it as I live in Logan Square. What are the rules when a herf is in a retail store? Can you bring your own cigars or just buy from the store?
hangten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
SporkD
Club Member

I have brought my own cigars into Cigar King before. I just make sure to buy my drinks and stuff from them so I dont feel like a total mooch