Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2003, 03:46 AM   #1
JGSa£ty_VI
Club Member

Do not buy Prometheus Lighters, Please read!!!

I had a Jupiter Prometheus that was about 3 years old and it quit working. I sent it in to be serviced. Below is the letter that I sent to them:

Around Christmas my Prometheus Jupiter quit working. It was around three years old and I figured it need to be serviced, so I sent it in. Since it was my favorite lighter, I used it daily and anticipated getting it back. It arrived the day before yesterday. I opened the box, filled it up and attempted to light it. Nothing happened. I tried again. Still nothing. I
increased the flame size a little and still nothing. I listened and it sounded as though no butane was comning out. I shook the lighter and tried again, this time it ignited. The entire lighter ignited, along with my hand. I have no hair and a slight burn on my left hand from your "repaired" lighter. Did the repair person even check to see if the lighter would work, or
did they just add in a few new parts and expect it to work?? Now I'm not only out of a lighter (and $9.00), I'm also burned and pissed. Before this I thought Prometheus made a good product, but since this my opinion has changed 180 degrees. I'm expecting you to correct this situation by sending me a new lighter (not a repaired one, since your repair personnel
suck). If you would like me to return lighter that I have or send you any information please let me know. I expect this situation will be taken care of promptly.

Thank you,

Here was their response:

Dear Jerome,

We apologize for the problem you got with the repaired lighter. Please
send the lighter with a copy of any paperwork you got from us. Once we
get it, we'll will rectify the matter.

Sincerely,
Prometheus Customer Service

Well they didn't send me a new lighter they attempted to fix mine again. Guess what happened it burst into flames AGAIN. I sent them another e-mail letting them know how incompetent they are. I'm tired of dealing with them.

I'm posting this so I can let as many people as possible know this so it doesn't happen to you. It sucks in many ways.

Thanks for reading this.

Jerome