Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #1
Rhino
Club Member

Problems with cheaphumidors.com !!!

Everyone.... I feel as if I've been taken for a ride.

I ordered a humidor (sorry Mike, it will never happen again!) from these guys on 2/28/2003. According to their shipping map it was supposed to take 4 days to my location. I recieved an email on 3/3/03 saying that my order was shipped and I checked my CC and it was charged that same day.

Over a week goes by so I contact them on March 11th asking where my humidor was. I recieve an automated email saying that it would take them 24-48 hours to get back to me.

When they get back to me they inform me that my humidor is out of stock and they were waiting for new ones to come in. I asked via email, as you just automatically get into their voicemail system if you call the 888#, why did I recieve an email saying it had shipped then? No reply. I then email them saying that since you told me one thing, didn't have what I wanted anyway and are giving me the run around just refund my money and I will go away. They reply that my refund was processed on 3/11/03 and that was it.

I have since that day (3/11) not recieved my refund, althought they were quick enough to take my money, and I cannot contact anyone at the office or site via email about it. I did recieve a very terse reply that it takes them a while to respond to email and that my refund was processed in an email dated 3/17, but they avoided all of the questions IN the email I sent. They have not responded to requests for information about the refund they supposedly processed, or any further action I have requested from them. I finally went looking today for the BBB in south FL and found that they are not in good standing with the BBB due to "unanswered customer complaint(s)" If you are intrested here is the link:

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/n...umidors%2C+Inc

I would highly recommend staying away from these folks due to some research I've done. At times their service has delivered, but mostly they have duped people and cannot seem to respond to anything that requires more than a moments attention. I know some people on CW have had great experiences with this company, but I have not and I have run into others who share what is my OPINION. I have documented all of my communications between us and am considering what to do.

I just wanted to put it out there what my experience was like with these individuals and what I encountered. If you had a great experience with this company I applaude you, but in the end all I have to go on is what happened to me.

Questions or comments you can PM, or email me.

Rhino

I'm older in my mind than my body says, but I'm younger in my attitudes than my mind should allow.
Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote