Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Huey
CW's Shark Wrangler
Herf God

Need help finding a song

I'm at my wits end. Doubtless that someone will poke fun at me for this, but I don't care.

I last heard this song at a Walgreens in Dallas several weeks ago. It was piped in one of those satellite stations, so no title or artist, or a radio station to call in. Unfortunately, I couldn't make out the lyrics clearly enough to Google them.

I remember hearing this song in the mid-80s. The singer sounds like a cross between Spandau Ballet, Rick Astley, and Tears for Fears. There's an electric bass undertone that sounds like synthesized piano. It repeats throughout the song with no let up.

There's a piano and vocal overlay. The chorus is actually "na's". I will try to recreate in as close to 4/4 time as possible, as I think that's what the lyrics are in. The bass note seems to go faster, and I can't begin to describe it.

.................................................. .................................................. NAAAAAAAAAAA
NA.......................NAAA..................... .....NA-NAAAA;.........NA-NAAAAA;
.......................na.........naaaaaa;........ na.....................na
.....naaaaaa; na............................na.................. ...na

And there's a repeated phrase that follows the same tune as the chorus, but the words sound like "to the other siiiiide" or some such.

This is driving me nuts. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobis. You're my only hope.