Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2002, 04:30 PM   #11
CigarChik
Starting Member

well... right now, here in florida, the humidity goes from low to high. very soon it will get very, very dry. in summer, humidity is very high, but then a/c is on alot so house humidity is kinda low too. unless i have windows open and a/c off.

i do open humi often...hehe, cant help it. just gotta look and smell so, im sure i lose some humidity that way too.

actually, its not that i couldnt get the levels up, im sure i could... adding more water to humidifier, adding another unit or not opening lid as often. i have found that i like cigars on the dry side anyways, so, i was wondering if 60-64 is ok... not too dry.

i let a cup of distilled water sit in the humi for a couple days to season. ive done the salt test several times with different levels of moistness in the salt. it still reads pretty accurate... 72-73 after test. should read 75? so im pretty sure its only off -2 or 3 points.

its very low humidity here now... i just opened the humi... it read 58% so add 2-3 pts = 61%. it is kinda low. ill add alittle water to the humidifier and see what it does.

i would definately prefer to be in the lower 60's rather than the upper, as long as i wont ruin my cigars ill try and raise it up a couple points.

thanks again for all the help guys
CigarChik is offline   Reply With Quote