Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Help Area > Problems, Questions and Suggestions

Problems, Questions and Suggestions If you run into a problem, please post it here. Also check here for a list of known problems. If you have an idea for improving Cigar Weekly, we'd like to hear it!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
CodyMonster

Social Groups

I can see how to join a Social Group, but I can't seem to figure out how to create a social group. Is there anything on my end I need to do, have a minimum number of posts? Contact a moderator?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
SkullSucker
CW Owner Emeritus, Just some guy...
Herf Meister

Currently we are not using social groups but it under discussion. What are you looking to start?
We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are gonna do. We are gonna have a good time... We are gonna have a party.
SkullSucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Cody wants to start a group for his Congressional district, and get other members to start similar groups, so that we can fight cigar taxes and bans. The only way we'll achieve any kind of success is to organize ourselves beyond simply posting our outrage in the Smokin Post.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
CodyMonster

Social Group

Talked to TommyBB about starting Social Groups based on congressional districts. This way we can pull people together in the same district, so we can get involved with our representatives against this SChip issue..
Old 01-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
SkullSucker
Herf Meister

I have "0" experience with the social groups aspect of vBulletin do you Cody?
We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are gonna do. We are gonna have a good time... We are gonna have a party.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
CodyMonster

No clue

I have no clue! sorry...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
SkullSucker
Herf Meister

Ok I have turned on Social groups for the Admins at this time for now lets play with the one I just made. If you go to your UserCP there should now be links to see social groups I have started one join it and lets play around over there and see if this is the right solution for our needs.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
CodyMonster

Whats the group called? I don't see anything to suggest a test group...

Last edited by CodyMonster; 01-06-2009 at 01:53 PM.
CodyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
SkullSucker
Herf Meister

Ooops forgot a setting try it now.