Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Tell me why:

You like music.

are you into the lyrics? do the message of the song reach something inside of you, and bring you pleasure that way?

Or is it the music? do you get something about the overall pattern of the music, the overall song?

do you focus on single instruments, people, riffs, or something? do you have bands that you listen to only to hear the drummer or the vocalist?

In my case, there are no bands or music that grab me for their guitarist or vocalist. I don't usually care too much about the lyrics. Instrumental is great all on its own. to me, what counts the most is a truly complex and artistic arrangement. you know, mozart and other classical composers are great. The complexity of rush.

Of course, I like the eagles and simon and garfunkle for the lyrics, boston mostly for the guitar, and lorena mckennit for her voice. But mostly, the only thing that matters is that the music be complex and make me feel good. You know, I'd rather listen to a garbage disposer full of broken glass than hear joe cocker, but When the Night Comes is a special song to me, and I love the way eric clapton weaves things into a complete experience.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote