Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
JBBOOKS

Now I can die happy

My buddy bought a humidor from a cigar store auction several years ago. He planned on putting it in his house some day. He bought a small house, and finally realized, it wasn't going to fit. Add to that me nagging him for the last 4 years to sell it. Well, he finally buckled in. He gave me a call, asked if I was interested and asked if $300 was too much. I didn't argue.

This thing is 6 1/2 feet square with two tempered glass sliding doors. It's 16 inches deep, constructed of cherry plywood with a solid cherry face frame. It came with an electric humidifying device that turns a fan on over a water container. So far it's working very well. I still have to grommet the hole in the back where the wire goes through.

It's amazing how many cigars you can keep in two stuffed coolerdors. I filled the left side and some of the right. Then I put a bunch of empty cedar boxes in the lower left to help buffer the humidity.

As I type this, I am puffing away on a Don Carlos #4, celebrating my latest victory in life. You see, I have always wanted something like this, and now it's mine. Thanks to the friend who sold it to me, another friend who traveled an hour in the rain, each way, to get it with me; another friend who helped me muscle this up the stairs in my house; and finally my wife, who puts up with me and has for 27 years.

Anyway, here's a couple of pics - enjoy.

JBB

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15...otcdisc004.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15...otcdisc002.jpg
JBBOOKS is offline   Reply With Quote