Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Beverage and blend pairing

Interesting article about tobacco blends and beverage pairings from Pipes and Cigars. Check it out.

We are continuing Customer Appreciation Week, and with that, we wanted to create something that we think the entire P&C Faithful can partake in - beverage and blend pairings to make your recreational time a little more enjoyable. Here’s a list of different types of blends with beverage suggestions based on their body and flavor profile.

1)Burley blends like Half and Half and Sir Walter Raleigh are medium-bodied tobaccos with a natural bit of bitterness balanced by a touch of sweetness, so medium-bodied drinks that are sweet or bitter will work well, such as medium roast coffee, dark rum, whiskeys with ice or a bit of water, and richer white or lighter red wines will work.

2)Latakia blends including Peterson Nightcap and My Mixture 965 have more body and a smoky character so dark roast coffee, ruby port or sherry, straight bourbon, and cordials are great options.

3)Aromatics, along the lines of Cult Blood Red Moon and Captain Black Royal are light and sweet, so flavored seltzers, lemonade, plain or lightly sweetened iced tea, light lager beers, and dry white wines can be great pairings.

4)Since Virginia and Virginia/Perique blends (Escudo Navy De Luxe, Peterson Elizabethan) share some of the characteristics of aromatics other than the room note, the suggestions for aromatics will also work well here.

Last but not least, we have put together a page with all of the great products that were mentioned in the list above. Thanks for tuning in, and happy pairing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:24 PM   #2
DSturg369
Club Member

I got this earlier as well... Thank you for posting it.