Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Cigar Weekly Magazine Reviews Page

Well now.
We have a WHOLE NEW Reviews section!!!

Click the Cigar Weekly Logo to the Home page. Click Magazine, Click Review

OR

Up there, in the brown tool bar, Click Magazine, Click Review.

OR

Reviews

We've have two blind reviews, with a third upcoming, and a couple Jazznut Reviews on the Reviews page. More to come.

We will also be porting over all the old CW Reviews dating back to 1997.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Unfortunately, the links aren't (as yet) functional.
Rest assured everyone, however, that this problem is being addressed.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

The first two ways I posted seem to work.
The last, directly to the Reviews page, does not.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 09-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

We should be up and rolling.

CW 2008 Blind Review #3

Quote:
La Floridita Limited Edition 3-Cigar Vertical

Published Friday, September 19th, 2008
Compiled by Doug McGuire (Mad Dawg)

CW’s latest blind review is a little different from our usual format. Gary Korb (Chief Copy Writer, Famous Smoke Shop, Easton, Pennsylvania) sent me a five-pack each of the three sizes that make up Famous’ new La Floridita Limited Edition line for the review. I sent one cigar of each size to five members of our review panel, and asked them to record their impressions of the entire line. The sizes and general specifications of the cigars are as follows:

La Floridita Limited Edition

Country of origin: Honduras

Wrapper: Brazilian Mata Fina Maduro

Filler: Nicaraguan, Mexican

Binder: Indonesian

Presentation: Boxes of 20 cigars and 5-packs
Sizes: Churchill (7" x 52), Toro (6¼" x 54), Robusto (5" x 60)

Old 11-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

The link now works for me, the last one to the Reviews page.
We're also working on getting the Reviews page to display ALL of our reviews, and not just the ten most recent ones.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Don't forget, exceptional reviews, from you all, members of the Community Forums and Discussion Groups will be noticed and published on the Reviews page on the Magazine side of CW.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Cigar Weekly Blind Review Summer Series #1

Cigar Weekly Blind Reviews Summer Series #1: Isabela Robusto
Quote:
As did most of our reviewers, I found the sweetness on the cap caused by the use of a sugar-based sealant to be overwhelming, to the point where the rest of the impression created by the cigar was compromised before it was even lit. The use of sugar-based sealant may indeed have been the “old way” of doing things in Cuba, but that really doesn’t seem to translate well to today’s cigar smokers. The exception, of course, may be those who prefer sweetened cigars.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:07 AM   #8
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

I have updated a redirect on the server to send these links to the right place. So, anyone searching / clicking a link that says "www.cigarweekly.com/magazine/reviews" will go to the right place on archive.cigarweekly.com.

John
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote