Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Houston?! we have a problem??

I just got an email saying that downing street pub is going smoke free?? selling out the humidors, etc?? WTF?

Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
tonycsmoke
Club Member

I'm assuming that it wasn't prompted by a law? If it wasn't, they can always change back once they realize the revenue loss.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

That was a damn nice establishment. Except for the blowhard guy who ran the humidor. No hat policy, OK, I can see that. But when a man has a hat and has to hold it while he tries to shop? Back off, dude. I'll take off the hat when I get to my table.

Either way, sorry to see this.

A local cigar-friendly bar, here, called Winston's is going smoke-free inside. The local Tinder Box did most of their tastings and other events there. I gave then hell for it on Facebook. You hate to see people suffer, but I hope both places experience losses and have to reconsider.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

And here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/DowningStPu...69895503035801

If you don't do Facebook, you may or may not be able to see it. If not, reading the discussion there might be worth signing up. Holy crap are the owners getting their asses handed to them!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

I get this:
This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Old 03-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #6
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

You're not on Facebook, I guess.

Here's another one from a different site. Responses and reactions are pretty much the same.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #7
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Because I'm not on facebook...

but!

I can only imagine!
Old 03-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #8
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

the blowhard who insisted on lighting your cigar for you INSIDE the humidor? yeah. What a butt hole. just my opinion of course.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Probably the same guy, tall dude. Insisted on telling me after that he was an A&M fan, and that was the people's team, while Texas fans are snooty. Explained to me what a "tea-sip" is. All while forcing me to hold my hat with one hand in the humidor and try to do business. Meanwhile, through CW, we must have had 25 people at our table, Nick Perdomo passing through, Frankie Santos and the Puros Indios guys with us.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #10
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

yes indeed... though your perception of "tall" and mine are a little different (LOL!)