Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
JoshMM
Club Member

You bought what in the Dominican Republic?!?!

Ok, short and skinny is my sister-in-law got married and spent last weekend in the Dominican Republic. Her new husband asked me about buying cigars there and I advised him that honestly, he would get ripped off. His best chance was really to let me know what he wanted, and I would hook him up.

He chose not to listen to me and I saw them last night for the first time since they got back. He sheepishly showed me 2 boxes of cigars he bought. One box of Monte #3, and one box (with glass top!!!) of Davidoff white label.

I told him the Monte's were bogus. That was the worst looking box of cigars I have ever seen. Different labels on the cigars, different shades of wrappers, and the cigars weren't even all the same ring guage. I could tell he was hurt when I told him, so I didn't have the heart the tell him the Davidoff's were fakes too.

He spent over 150 bucks on both. I feel bad, but what more can you do than tell someone not to buy unless they know what they are looking at.

I will post pictures if I get the chance, they are pretty entertaining.

--Josh
JoshMM is offline   Reply With Quote