Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #23
vernonator
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebgen
Public cigar smoking in the Des Moines area and suburbs seems to be limited to a few "cigar friendly" establishments. I go to Rock Bottom most frequently and always see several people enjoying a cigar. A few other steak places are friendly as well.

The only smoking bans I've heard of are in the Ames (Iowa State University) area. I hope our legislature doesn't get more stupid and go down that road. So far it seems to be on a city by city basis.
The Ames ban got thrown out - a group of bar/restraunt owners took it to the Iowa Supreme Court. The court ruled that according to the IA Constitution a municipality cannot enact a law stricter than the state statute....there have been rumblings here but that all. There a still alot of places to smoke in town. 3 of the 4 Brewpubs allow cigars as do a number of the finer restraunts....
vernonator is offline   Reply With Quote