Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
oleput

Las Vegas- Big Smoke, Nov. 12-14

I was thinking of going to Vegas that weekend, and I'd love to get some info on the Big Smoke that's going on.

I saw at CA where tickets are $175 per day, $495 for the weekend!

Unless that comes with coupons for free hookers, I think I'll just stick to poker while I'm there!

Can anyone here tell me what it's all about? Would one day there be more than enough? I'm new to it all and am curious if I should include a day or more of herfing in my plans.

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:16 AM   #2
Endel
Starting Member

Here's a link with info including a detailed schedule: 2004 Las Vegas Big Smoke

I went with a friend last year. Did the entire package. If you search these forums for "big smoke" you'll find a lot of info. More than a few complaints about the crowds and poor organization at the evening events.

Although I concur the evening events had issues, I still enjoyed them. The seminars also were a lot of fun and worth doing. In fact we're doing it again this year.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:09 AM   #3
DRJothen

Oleput, this will be our 5th Vegas Big Smoke and we thoroughly enjoy it every year. You are welcome to hook up with us as we will be herfing starting Thursday night and then before and after both evening events.

I have not participated in the seminars because I don't feel like sitting around all day while in Vegas. From what others have said they are very informative and you get even more cigars.

Drop me a PM if you want to hook up. We have about 12 guys including a couple of Trailblazers from the 77 Championship team in our group!

"It was a experience meeting you. Normally someone would have to go to a bowling alley to meet someone of your stature."
DRJothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:06 PM   #4
cohibasurfer
Starting Member

I'll be in Vegas that weekend and would love to meet up and herf !
cohibasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:32 PM   #5
oleput

I won't be going this year. Maybe next time.

Enjoy your trip
and give us a report upon your return!
Old 11-01-2004, 12:58 PM   #6
mrscigarlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJothen
We have about 12 guys including a couple of Trailblazers from the 77 Championship team in our group!
What! Really?? Guess you'll be easy to spot!

I'm going with hubby and my parents. First time to attend. Just the Friday night smoke, though. Vegas is so-so to me, my sister lives there and I would rather spend time with her and my niece the rest of my time there.
mrscigarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #7
DRJothen

We will look forward to hopefully at least having a chance to meet you. We should be in the Coral Reef bar prior to the event both evenings. BTW: the Blazers that will be with us are Bob Gross and Maurice Lucas!

"It was a experience meeting you. Normally someone would have to go to a bowling alley to meet someone of your stature."
DRJothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:09 AM   #8
mrscigarlover

My husband and I were driving to dinner, our 15th anniversary, last night and I go, 'oh by the way a guy in my cigar club said he will be there with a couple of the Trailblazers from the 77 Championship team.'

He almost wrecked!! He asked where you are and I said Gresham, and he did guess that Maurice Lucas could be one.

He has a basketball signed by all the players dated Dec. 4, 1976! He won it on his 12th birthday. I just dug it out of the closet and there's their names on it!

Maybe we can meet up with you all for a quick smoke!
mrscigarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:49 PM   #9
Mic

Two of my good friends and I will be flying into Vegas friday and and attending the big smoke saturday evening

Would be glad to meet up and enjoy abit, I know we are also staying at the Mandalay Bay.

Bret
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:26 PM   #10
BradMc

Mic.....
Thanks for showing this rookie around, this was a great event, and i'm ready to go again next year..........

For those of you who didn't go.............I'm sorry you missed a great time, lots of Cigars,Great food, and lots of good looking ladies .........