Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

The Great Smoke

Had a wonderful time for the second year in a row at TGS in WPB FL. The Smoke Inn crowd did an exceptional job.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:20 AM   #2
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Highlights:
  • When offered 60RG or smaller RG at the booths I would take the smaller and say "I don't get the big RG thing" - the response was "the 60+ RG sell but we don't get it, but we have to make what sells.". That said a lot of people stepping up to the booths were VERY happy for teh big RG's.
  • Met Erik Espinosa and his son, both super nice guys. Line extension to 601 line is very good.
  • Met Drew Hill... not sure what I expected but he is an extremely nice guy, talks a lot, but really is passionate about cigars and cigar smokers.Amazing he remembered me later after what had to be a long day manning his booth.
  • They had a good turnout, a lot of B and M guys were there, so I feel good we have a core of smokers. I was surprised at teh number of women there smoking cigars.
  • There was a lot of talk amongst the attendees about people complaining about the smoke from teh event. That is not good, and we all shared stories about being someplace where smoking is allowed and having someone walk up and tell us we should stop smoking because they have arrived.
  • It was warm, and it felt good to be outside for the first time in 2014...
  • A lot of really nice people I'd never met were really good - talked, walked the booths, etc. "Cigars aren't addictive, cigar smokers are."

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 02-23-2014, 03:33 AM   #3
spiridon
Herf God

Sounds like a great event. I need to put this one on my "to do" list.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:44 AM   #4
SmoKerch
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiridon View Post
Sounds like a great event. I need to put this one on my "to do" list.

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 AM   #5
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Famous' event is on my to do list. My opinion is Cigar Fest just got too big for itself. That was a topic of discussion too amongst many of us.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
When offered 60RG or smaller RG at the booths I would take the smaller and say "I don't get the big RG thing" - the response was "the 60+ RG sell but we don't get it, but we have to make what sells.". That said a lot of people stepping up to the booths were VERY happy for teh big RG's.
I'm glad to hear that you made the point. If these guys never hear from the other side, and are constantly being inundated with feedback on the monster rings, they will not pay the attention to standard ring guys that they should be.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #7
Lew
Starting Member

The great Smoke

Very Nice Event
I was there with my friend Andy
Abe Dababna (the owner) is a friend of mine
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #8
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Was that Andy Kossin? How is he doing? It seems that his business is doing well for him.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 AM   #9
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Very Nice Event
I was there with my friend Andy
Abe Dababna (the owner) is a friend of mine
Sorry I didn't see you there, always enjoyed talking with you in the past

Abe is a great guy, got to meet his dad and talk to him too

Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
CSMAnderson
Herf God

I didn't realize the Great moke was such a big event. How many attendies were there? How many booth did they have?
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote