Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 02-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
caudio51
Club Member

Colibri Lighter Question

So I got a new lighter for Christmas from my father, Colibri Quantum Triplex but I keep having some trouble with it...I see spark and it appears to have gas flowing....I drained the lighter and refilled with fluid according to their directions but if I do not have it on the highest setting it will not even light. Seems like I am having a gas flow problem....anyone able to shed some light on my problem...will I have to send it out to them to be fixed???
caudio51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #2
HamrWebDesign
Club Member

Sounds like you may need to send it in. My single flame lights on damn near the lowest setting ... it shouldn't need to be cranked up to full in order for it to light ... otherwise it wouldn't be adjustable. Perhaps hit up a local B&M and have them look at it before you commit to sending it in.
HamrWebDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
caudio51
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrWebDesign
Sounds like you may need to send it in. My single flame lights on damn near the lowest setting ... it shouldn't need to be cranked up to full in order for it to light ... otherwise it wouldn't be adjustable. Perhaps hit up a local B&M and have them look at it before you commit to sending it in.
Thats what I was thinking...I have a feeling it is a flow problem....arg...I hate to be without it.....had to light a stick with matches the other day when I smoked spontaneously at a bar that sold cigars

That sounds like the task tomorrow then...
Old 02-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
rutkus
Club Member

what brand of fuel are you using? I had a similar problem with another lighter and it was the brand of fuel I was using, i changed it and it worked good as new.
(,('')('')
rutkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:44 PM   #5
caudio51
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutkus
what brand of fuel are you using? I had a similar problem with another lighter and it was the brand of fuel I was using, i changed it and it worked good as new.
Colibri
Old 02-18-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
rutkus
Club Member

yep, i was using that same fuel too, try using "lava" brand or "vector" brand fuel, its more refined than colibri.
(,('')('')
rutkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:09 PM   #7
caudio51
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutkus
yep, i was using that same fuel too, try using "lava" brand or "vector" brand fuel, its more refined than colibri.
really....I saw a bunch of posts about better fuels but thought, hey its by the guys who made my lighter....ill go pick some up tomorrow.

anyone have any links to thier websites, Id like to find a local supplier...if not I guess I will have to order it.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:35 AM   #8
Deriffe
Herf Meister

Do yourself a favor. Go ahead and throw that colibri in the drawer now and get another lighter. You will save yourself a lot of aggravation. I have 3 different colibri torch lighters in a drawer because I got sick and tired of trying to get them to work. Sent them back to the factory and they worked fine when I got them back until a couple of refills and they crapped out again. I did bleed the excess pressure before refill, I used compressed air on the nozzle, I used Lava fuel, nothing. They are crap and no amount of babying is going to change that.

Sorry for venting but I have a real sore spot for Colibri crap.

http://www.myspace.com/deriffe01
Deriffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:47 AM   #9
LabRatGDI
Herf God

Read THIS
I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. -- Benjamin Franklin
LabRatGDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:09 AM   #10
56Tweed

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it in case I get the issue.

Mike
56Tweed is offline   Reply With Quote