Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:16 AM   #1
aja
Tabaquero
Club Member

TRIBE POSITIONED TO WIN FOR MANY YEARS

My beloved Cleveland Indians have had a hell of a year...here's a team with over half its starting players about a year removed from the minors (Martinez, Broussard, Hafner, Blake, Crisp, Ludwick, etc.) that will finish over .500 if they take 2 of 3 from the Twinkies this weekend. Add a starter (and a couple relievers) and another year of experience to the mix and we have a pennant challenging team.

What's also encouraging is the depth of talent the Tribe have in their minor league system...Cleveland's Low A team (Mahoning Valley), High A team (Kinston) and AAA team (Buffalo) all won League championships! With all that talent in the pipeline, the Tribe will be a force for many years to come.

I can't wait for spring '05!
aja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
flipflop
Contributing Editor
CW Butt Whisperer
Herf God

Re: TRIBE POSITIONED TO WIN FOR MANY YEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja
With all that talent in the pipeline, the Tribe will be a force for many years to come.
Don't get your hopes up. They'll probably trade them off and mortgage the future for a "the future is now" run at the pennant... as did the Phillies and Mets.
-- Ghengis Khan
flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

The Dolphins really DO suck this year I see.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:32 AM   #4
flipflop
Contributing Editor
CW Butt Whisperer
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB
The Dolphins really DO suck this year I see.
Why else would aja be talking about baseball?
-- Ghengis Khan
flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
aja
Tabaquero
Club Member

Yes, the 'Fins are indeed quite pathetic. But that's for another thread at another time...
aja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:34 AM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Luv ya Al.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:48 AM   #7
zebo65
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja

Yes, the 'Fins are indeed quite pathetic. But that's for another thread at another time...
I like Miami to cover the # vs. Jets this weekend. Just a hunch.
zebo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 06:07 PM   #8
LabRatGDI
Herf God

Re: TRIBE POSITIONED TO WIN FOR MANY YEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflop
Quote:
Originally Posted by aja
With all that talent in the pipeline, the Tribe will be a force for many years to come.
Don't get your hopes up. They'll probably trade them off and mortgage the future for a "the future is now" run at the pennant... as did the Phillies and Mets.
You obviously don't know our GM.
I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. -- Benjamin Franklin
LabRatGDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:51 PM   #9
jcleer1

oh c'mon Dave. The tribe is primed for a pennant chase. Shaprio has done a great job. I thought after Jacobs we were done and with the loss of Hart even worse. But I am a believer now.
jcleer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 03:06 AM   #10
pogophiles
World Cup Champion
Herf Meister

Have to agree with your assessment Al -- that's gonna be a contending team next year IF Sabathia can stitch his arm back together in the off-season and they come up with a semblance of a bullpen...

Time marches on, you say?
Ah, but no,
It is not time,
But we, who go.

pogophiles is offline   Reply With Quote