Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2002, 01:03 PM   #1
qajariaq
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Today I dug down to the bottom of my humidor (doesnt take long...its only a 25 ct) and found a SG Royal Salute gifted to me by grtrx more than 6 months ago.

This thing was oily and looked flawless with almost no veins in the wrapper. The draw was almost too easy which made it harsh until I adjusted to it. This cigar started out spicy and gave a burning sensation on the back of my throat until I slowed down. After about and inch, it was light and very mild, but had a nice nutty flavor. Once I passed the midpoint of the cigar, it really intensified in strength and flavor. This is the first SG Fuente that I've had, and it does not taste anything like Ecuadorian SG. I've never been dissapointed in any black-banded AF cigars, and the Royal Salute is no exception. It was never grassy or bitter like other Dominican cigars I've had.

I give it 4.5 out of 5.

life's too short to drive slow
qajariaq is offline   Reply With Quote